Mission, Vision and Value
To ensure professional rights and to promote the quality of ethical practices in medical and dental professions in order to develop and improve health sector in Nepal
- To uplift and preserve the professional standard, values and freedom of the members of NMA.
- To carry out academic activities that increase the knowledge and skills of the medical doctors working in the country.
- To increase awareness among the people on different issues of health as well as to work for any programmes that can improve the health status of the people.
- Enhancing closer professional and scientific links between medical doctors and strengthening the relationship between doctors and general public
- To safeguard the legimate professional interest; to promote the spirit of harmony and cooperation among individual members.
- To encourage members to maintain the highest standard of professional conduct, to give the health of the patient the first consideration.
- To encourage research and studies to acquisite the knowledge of medical and allied science by all possible means, e.g. publication of Association Journal, other publications, establishment of medical libraries, holding of symposia, seminars and conferences
- Continuous professional development of the doctors via various accredited national and international trainings and programs
- To help on making education and training of all medical and paramedical personal in Nepal of a high and international standard
- To give encouragement and help in the endeavour to develop and extend the provisions of curative and preventive medical facilities
- To always be willing to offer its services and cooperation to the Govt. to help the Govt. in abolishing quackery from medical practice in Nepal
- To work to spread among the people the knowledge of the laws of health, hygiene and cleanliness
- To also perform any other function or duties to improve the health of the nation.
- Disseminate state-of the art knowledge, clinical practice, technology and emerging concepts in medical sciences among medical and allied health professionals.
- To create public awareness about various health-related issues.